The most important reason to become an ArchivesSpace General Member is to ensure the continuing development and sustainability of the application. Membership protects your significant investment of staff time and other resources by ensuring that your archives information management system will be around and continuing to meet your needs for a long time.
Membership also gives you a voice in the community, and the ability to advocate for the future direction of the application. ArchivesSpace members are eligible to serve on governance and working groups and participate in voting for development priorities.
Lastly, membership provides assistance in the use of the application. In addition to providing access to the user manual and training resources like video tutorials, it also connects you with an engaged community of ArchivesSpace users and enables you to benefit from the wide range of expertise available.
ArchivesSpace Members are entitled to the following member benefits and opportunities:
Engage in the growth and development of the application and community
- Eligibility to serve on the Governance Board, the User Advisory Council, and the Technical Advisory Council– the three ArchivesSpace governance groups designed to guide the development and support of both the ArchivesSpace application and community
- Opportunities to participate in a variety of sub-teams and ad hoc working groups
- Ability to participate in voting and surveys of development priorities
Participate in program-sponsored community activities
- Eligibility to attend face-to-face events connecting ArchivesSpace members, including our annual Member Forum and Regional Forums
- Quarterly member community calls on Zoom that provide opportunities to suggest and discuss various topics
Access resources that help you use the application, including
- user manual
- technical and user support
- community forums
- video tutorials and other online training resources
- subsidized costs for setting up training workshops (all are welcome to request workshops)
Members and non-members are welcome to participate in the following activities:
- submit bug tickets and feature requests through JIRA
- contribute to development work
- trainings & workshops(workshop fee will be levied)
- the application is free to download and use
We appreciate your interest in membership benefits. To enroll as an ArchivesSpace member or ask questions about membership, please contact the ArchivesSpace Program at ArchivesSpaceHome@lyrasis.org.